Theft, vandalism, or lost property report

Theft, vandalism, or lost property report


It takes all of us to prevent crime in our community. If you have been the victim of a crime, it is important to report it as soon as possible. Thank you for providing details about theft, vandalism or lost property here.

For theft or vandalism, UIPD can only take reports for incidents that occurred on campus property or on the Champaign side of Campustown (view this map to see where). Off-campus theft or vandalism (e.g. private apartments, fraternity/sorority houses or other private property in Urbana or outside the Campustown boundaries in Champaign) should be reported to the Champaign Police Department or the Urbana Police Department.

Some quick instructions:

  • This report is for non-emergency reports only. If you are experiencing an emergency, call 911 immediately.
  • If you are witnessing a crime in progress, call 911 immediately.
  • This report is for a select few types of incidents — namely theft, vandalism, or lost property — which may not require a police officer to meet you in person right away. For all other non-emergencies, please call 217-333-1216.
  • Provide as much detail as possible to the following questions. Serial numbers or unique identifying details about your property (e.g. color, scratches, marks, custom parts, etc.) are always helpful.
  • If you are not sure about how to complete a portion of this form, please call 217-333-1216, and one of our telecommunicators may be able to assist.
  • This report cannot be made anonymously. In order to investigate, we need to be able to contact you for potential follow-up. If you would like to make an anonymous crime report, please contact Champaign County Crime Stoppers.

Click next if you would like to proceed with making a report.