LRN (Latinx Resilience Network) began as a collaboration with La Casa Cultural Latina and LLS (Latina/Latino Studies) in Fall 2013 to address the mental health wellness and awareness of Latina/o/x students through trainings, workshops, and courses. LLS Cares began in Fall 2019 as a space for Latina/o/x students and allies to come together to learn and practice self-care and community support through the use of reflection, meditation, processing, and engagement in community building. This year LRN and LLS Cares are coming together as LRN Cares with LLS to continue to build community and support for Latina/o/x students, staff and the larger Champaign-Urbana community.
Here is a list of the workshops:
- Tues, Sept 8 @ 5:30 - 6:45pm Migration Stories -- with artist Mark Menjivar
- Migration Stories is an oral history project focusing on personal narratives of how we arrived to where we are now. Participants in this Zoom event will be invited to explore their own migration narratives.
- Tues, Sept 22 @ 5:30 - 6:00pm Yoga -- with Chloe
- Tues, Oct 6 @ 5:30 - 6:30pm Eating Disorder Workshop
- Tues, Oct 20 @ 5:30 - 6:30pm Place-making art workshop -- with Catalina
- Tues, Oct 27 @ 5:30 - 6:30pm Pre-Election-Meditation and Group Support -- with Bill, Sylvia, & Lucero [for UofI students only]
- Tues, Nov 17 @ 5:30 - 7:00pm Workout